Whether you need some extra light in your kitchen or just want to add a bit of ambiance to your room.
Installing the best under cabinet LED lighting is one of the easiest things you can do.
LED lights are a great option. They’re bright, energy efficient, and last a really long time.
With these lights, installation is quick, easy, and usually doesn’t require an electrician but you do end up with an upgraded look.
Let’s take a look at the benefits of this style of lighting then learn about some of the best products available.
Table of Contents
- 6 Benefits of LED Under Cabinet Lighting
- The 10 Best Under Cabinet LED Lighting
- Best Under Cabinet LED Lighting Reviews
- 1. Brilliant Evolution Wireless LED Puck Light
- 2. Albrillo LED Under Cabinet Lighting
- 3. EShine LED Under Cabinet Lighting
- 4. Litever Under Cabinet LED Light Bar Kits
- 5. GetInLight Dimmable LED Under Cabinet Lighting
- 6. LED Concepts Under Cabinet & Closet Linkable LED T5 Light Bar
- 7. Wobane Under Cabinet Lighting Kit
- 8. Lightkiwi Dimmable LED Under Cabinet Lighting
- 9. Phonar Under Cabinet LED Lighting
- 10. Lvyinyin Under Cabinet Puck Lights Dimmable LED Lighting Kit
- How to Choose Under Cabinet LED Lighting?
- How to Install Under Cabinet LED Lighting?
6 Benefits of LED Under Cabinet Lighting
If you’re still not sure about LED under cabinet lighting, here are 6 great reasons to give them a try.
1. They’re easy to install. Some kits can be installed using only simple adhesive strips. Just peel, stick, and you’re done! If you want something more secure, most kits also include brackets and mounting screws or nails for something a little more permanent.
2. They’re energy efficient. LED lights last for decades and use only a fraction of the power of normal lighting.
3. They add depth to your room. It’s possible you never really thought about the space under your cabinets before but adding the right lighting can really improve the look of your kitchen.
4. You’ll see better. Not only will they brighten your workspace, but under counter lights also eliminate a lot of shadows. Overall, it helps you stay safer while you’re prepping and cooking food.
5. There are a lot of options available. You can choose different styles, colors, and finishes to match your decor.
6. They last a long time. You don’t have to worry about replacement bulbs. If you use them 12 hours a day, LED lights can last for more than 10 years!
The 10 Best Under Cabinet LED Lighting
There are a lot of options when it comes the under cabinet lighting so we found some of the best ones available to help you find one that works for you. Here are some of the best-LED options on the market today.
|Pictures||LED Under Cabinet Lighting||Color||Links|
|Brilliant Evolution Wireless LED Puck Light||3000K Warm White|
|Albrillo LED Under Cabinet Lighting||3000K Warm White|
|EShine LED Under Cabinet Lighting||3000K Warm White|
6000K Cool White
|Litever Under Cabinet LED Light Bar Kits||3000K Warm White|
|GetInLight Dimmable LED Under Cabinet Lighting||2700K Warm White|
3000K Soft White
4000K Bright White
|LED Concepts Under Cabinet & Closet Linkable LED T5 Light Bar||2700K Warm White|
|Wobane Under Cabinet Lighting Kit||2700K Warm White|
6000K Cool White
|Lightkiwi Dimmable LED Under Cabinet Lighting||6000K Cool White|
|Phonar Under Cabinet LED Lighting||3000K Warm White|
4000K Neutral White
|Lvyinyin Under Cabinet Puck Lights Dimmable LED Lighting Kit||2700K Warm White|
6000K Cool White
Best Under Cabinet LED Lighting Reviews
1. Brilliant Evolution Wireless LED Puck Light
Brilliant Evolution puck lights each give off 55 lumens of warm natural light. Installation is easy using either adhesive tape or screws if you want something more permanent. Both are included.
One of the best things about these lights is that you can turn them on using a simple remote control and each remote can control up to 12 lights. Each light can easily be turned on manually with a simple tap, too.
Brightness is adjustable using the presets for 50% or 100% power or use the + and – buttons to adjust to the brightness of your choosing.
An automatic timer can turn the lights off after 15, 30, 60, or 120 minutes. Plus, they run on AA batteries with a 100-hour runtime at full brightness.
- Bright natural light
- Easy installation
- Remote control can control up to 12 lights at once
- Automatic shut up timer
- 100 hour run time on full brightness
- Can get hot
- A bit bulky
- Adhesive tape doesn’t always last
2. Albrillo LED Under Cabinet Lighting
One of the best things about these lights from Albrillo is how bright they are.
At full power, each the 6 lights in this set is 300 lumens and every one is equipped with a rotary dimmer switch to customize the light for your space.
Installation is really easy and everything you need is included. You can use the screws and mounts for something more stable or simply apply the adhesive tape and easily press them into place.
These bar-shaped lights can be directly plugged into one another or use the interconnect cables to spread them out a bit and a 4-foot long cord plugs into the closest outlet to provide the main power.
These lights are really sturdy. They’re made of aluminum and plastic and won’t rust or corrode. Plus, they come with a 24-month warranty.
- Exceptionally bright at 300 lumens each
- Easy, versatile installation
- 4-foot long main power cord
- Made of durable aluminum and plastic
- Cables that go from light to light aren’t very long
- Will take up a power outlet in your kitchen
- Each light must be turned on individually
3. EShine LED Under Cabinet Lighting
The unique thing about these under cabinet lights from EShine is that they turn off and on with a simple wave of your hand.
This comes in really handy when your hands are messy from cooking and you don’t want to mess with remote control.
You can choose from 2 different colors: warm white for a more natural glow or cool white if you need something really bright.
Installation is done using either screws or adhesive tape, both are included as well as all the cords, caps, and connectors you need. Each of these bar-shaped lights is 12 inches long and there are 4 included in this set.
For power, you can either connect them to each other or use connecting cables if you want to spread them out.
- Choose from two different color options
- Hands-free controls
- Easy installation
- 1-year warranty included
- Not dimmable
- Motion sensor can be unreliable
- Not easy to bypass the sensor
4. Litever Under Cabinet LED Light Bar Kits
Next is this kit from Litever. It produces soft, even light without any of the dots you commonly see with LEDs.
Installation is easy and everything you need is included, whether you choose to use adhesive tape or mounting screws and clips.
The main power cord is 3 feet long and each light has a connecting cord that’s about 4 inches in length. Believe it or not, you can arrange these lights so that they run anywhere from around 6 to 12 feet long from end to end!
The dimmer switch can be used to adjust the brightness from 0 to 100 %. It can control all 3 pieces at once or adjusted so it only controls 1 or 2 units.
These lights are made using strong aluminum alloy and durable PC plastic and are covered by a 3-year warranty.
- Easy, versatile installation
- Soft even light
- Instructions aren’t clear
- Adhesive tape installation not always secure
- Rotating dimmer switch can be unreliable
- Can be difficult to bypass the dimmer
5. GetInLight Dimmable LED Under Cabinet Lighting
These light from GetInLight give you a lot of options. First of all, you can choose from 3 different light temperatures: warm white, soft white, and bright white. All you have to do is use the sliding switch and you’ll instantly change the mood of the room.
This kit can be powered by simply plugging the power cord into the wall or there is also a hardwiring option. Everything you need for both is included.
You can choose from 6 different lengths ranging from 12 to 48 inches and 3 different finishes: white, matte bronze, and brushed nickel.
You can also choose between high and low power using a simple switch. Most dimmer switches will also work when the lights are hardwired.
- Various finishes available
- Various lengths available
- 2 different brightness levels
- Each light has 3 different color temperatures
- Hardwire installation can be difficult
- If you use multiple lights, light color may vary
- Not a huge difference between high and low power settings
6. LED Concepts Under Cabinet & Closet Linkable LED T5 Light Bar
LED Concepts T5 Light Bar is an ultra-slim option that clean and simple look compliments any decor.
It’s only about an inch wide, too, so it’s great for small, narrow spaces. Choose from several lengths, including 12, 22, 34, and 45 inches.
Please note that there are packs of 2 available, too, but they have to be installed next to each other because of the connecting cords. As for individual lights, you can link up to 75 of them together if you need something for a larger space.
Installation is simple using the included nails and mounting brackets. Plus, the power cord is 6 feet long so you won’t have any trouble reaching a power outlet.
It’s available in 2 different colors, white or warm white so you can choose the one that best matches your room.
- Great for narrow spaces
- Simple design matches any decor
- Several lengths available
- Can link up to 75 together
- 6-foot long power cord
- 2 different colors available
- 2 packs have to be linked and mounted next to each other
- Each light has to be turned on individually
- Customer service can be difficult to reach
7. Wobane Under Cabinet Lighting Kit
The Wobane Under Cabinet Lighting Kit is a perfect way to upgrade your cabinets and so much more. You can use these DIY light strips around desks, closets, bookshelves, beds, workbenches, kitchen islands, and so much more.
With an energy-saving feature and great brightness, these lights are also safe to use, and you don’t have to worry about them overheating.
The voltage is low, and even when left on for an extended period, the strips are touchable. These strips are also incredibly easy to install, and everything you need to install them comes in the kit. You don’t need tools, either.
To install this kit, you simply have to clean the area you want to stick the lights to, remove the backing on the strong, 3M tape, and then place it where you want it. There are no screws, so you won’t harm your furniture.
This lighting kit also comes with a warranty for 12 months, so you don’t have to worry when buying this one.
- Many uses for this kit in addition to cabinet lighting
- Energy saving design that is bright and powerful
- Low voltage and low heat
- 12-month warranty, so you never have to worry something will go wrong
- The wire leads are short, so it might not fit well in all areas
- The brightness might be too bright for some
8. Lightkiwi Dimmable LED Under Cabinet Lighting
The Lightkiwi Dimmable LED Under Cabinet Lighting kit is a high quality, professional-grade lighting option. By placing these lights under cabinets, you can greatly improve the look of items underneath.
Another thing that you should know about this Lightkiwi LED lighting kit is that you can easily expand the configuration by using a different power supply that has a higher wattage. This means that you can expand the kit without putting too much burden on the product.
This also comes with an optional hardwire kit, which offers the highest quality lighting, which allows you to adjust the dimness of the light with the dimmer switch. You can also connect this kit to smart technology including Alexa and Google Home.
When you buy this kit, you will also get a three-year warranty, which is one of the best for this type of product. This helps reduce the frequency of re-installation, and this particular kit has a 35,000-hour lifespan.
Additionally, this is an easy to install kit, and you don’t need any advanced knowledge to install it. This is a great DIY option.
- Great for multiple uses including lighting under cabinets
- Easy to install and use
- Dimmer switch comes with a memory function
- Hardwire installation makes it look professional
- More expensive than other lighting kits on the market
- Plastic on dimmer unit is a bit weak
9. Phonar Under Cabinet LED Lighting
The Phonar Under Cabinet LED Lighting Kit comes with a 12V adapter. The lighting weighs almost nothing, and it is thin, so you can place it almost anywhere. There is a touch sensor, too, so you can easily turn it on and off without feeling around.
When you choose this brand, you will have several available size choices, from 12 to 48 inches. Additionally, you can choose from withering Warm White or Neutral White light. Both are bright LED light bars, which enhance the look of anything underneath them.
Looks wise, this lighting kit has a chrome design, which means it will go great with any cabinet or furniture. The light is bright enough to be effective, but not overly bright enough to harm the eyes.
When it comes to installing your light kit, you will find that this one is very easy to install. You can either use screws or double-sided sticky tape. As soon as it is in place, simply plug it in and turn it on.
- Easy to install with either screws or sticky tape
- Multiple size options, which are available up to 48-inches
- Two lighting options; Warm White or Neutral White
- Affordable and beautiful chrome design
- The on/off switch can be buggy, and it doesn’t always work
- The light has a bit of a delay when you turn it on
10. Lvyinyin Under Cabinet Puck Lights Dimmable LED Lighting Kit
If you are looking for a DIY under cabinet lighting kit, the Lvyinyin Under Cabinet Puck Lights kit could be the perfect option. You can easily install these lights on your own, and you don’t need any special equipment or tools.
These lights are ready to use right out of the box, and it comes with everything you need to install it, including the lights, power adapter, splitter, dimmer switch, screws, tape, and extension cables.
The low-profile design allows you to place these lights almost anywhere, and they are so thin that they are almost invisible until the lights are turned on.
These LED lights are also able to be linked, and all of the wires are neat and organized. You can easily add up to four extra lights to the system at any time to make it longer.
You can additionally dim these lights with a convenient on/off touch switch. This dimming function also features a memory setting, so that when you turn the lights off then on again, it will be at the same level of light.
- Linkable system so you can add extra lights, as needed
- Thin profile seamlessly fits under cabinets
- Easy to use and install – no special tools are needed
- Ready to use right from the box, and everything required for installation is there
- Delay for light to appear after turning it on
- Lights are not as bright as others on the market
How to Choose Under Cabinet LED Lighting?
When it comes to under cabinet LED lighting, there are a lot of options out there and it can be hard to decide which one is best for your home.
Here are a few things to keep in mind while trying to make up your mind.
1. Style. These lights are available in both puck and linear styles. Linear lights provide more uniform, even light while puck lights create more concentrated beams of light. Puck light as also smaller which makes it a little easier to customize a layout.
Another thing to ask yourself is, do you really want them to match your kitchen perfectly? Most of these lights are white but there are other finishes available, too, like brushed nickel and matte bronze.
2. Power. Battery-powered lights are a great choice. Since you don’t have to worry about an outlet, they can be placed just about anywhere. Batteries can be unreliable, though, and you’ll have to have a fresh supply available.
Power cords never run out of juice but they do require an outlet which means you have to be a little more diligent about where you install them. Hardwiring is an option with some under cabinet lighting but would likely require hiring an electrician, which could get costly.
3. Color Temperature. Warm lighting is more suited to ambient lighting and is great for setting the mood. If you want a light that is better for lighting up a workspace, go for something cooler. Or, find a light that lets you do both.
How do you know which is which? Look at the Kelvins. Warm lighting has 2700 and 3500 Kelvins, cool between 3500 and 6000 Kelvins.
4. Amount of Space. Do you have a lot of space under your cabinets for bar lights? Or are puck lights going to be a better option? Some of these lights can get quite large but there are some compact, ultra-thin options available, too.
5. Turning on the Lights. There are a few different options for how you actually go about turning these lights on. The simplest way is with an on/off switch. Other options include remote controls and even motion sensors.
6. Dimmers. Dimmers aren’t necessary but they are certainly a nice thing to have. Some of these lights have dimmers with only a few settings while others allow you to choose between 0 and 100% brightness.
How to Install Under Cabinet LED Lighting?
Installation is pretty simple and they’re all installed in pretty much the same way. Each kit includes everything you need.
There are 2 main types of installation. The first is adhesive strips, the easiest of the two. Adhesive tape works like double-sided tape only it’s thicker and stronger. Remove the backing and place the tape on the light.
Then, remove the other side of the backing and hold the light in place. This tape usually takes some time to cure but, in most cases, it’s pretty reliable.
The other option is to mount the light using brackets and screws or nails. First, decide where you want lights to go then figure out where the brackets should be installed. To make sure everything is perfectly straight, it’s a good idea to use a level and mark where the brackets should go.
Most kits have brackets that are held in place with a screw. Once they’re all in place, the light should just snap into place on the bracket.
If you are using battery-powered lights, you can really install them just about anywhere. For those that use a power cord, make sure you install the light close enough to an outlet so you’ll be able to plug it in.
The only time installation is difficult is if you want lights that are hardwired which is why you should always hire an experienced electrician to do this kind of work.
Under cabinet LED lighting is a convenient, cost-effective, and easy way to add brightness to your kitchen. Whether it’s to draw attention to your granite countertops, give yourself more light to work by, or just add a little bit of mood lighting, under counter lights are a simple solution.
With so many options available, we’re confident that by using the advice in this guide and taking a look at our product reviews that you’ll be able to find the right fit for your home.