Lighting up your backyard, driveway, or garden is one way to get a little more security or add interesting details to your property.
The best outdoor LED flood lights not only give you the bright light your space needs.
But they’re also easy to install and can last decades.
Table of Contents
- Best Rated Outdoor LED Flood Lights
- Best Outdoor LED Flood Light Reviews
- 1. Hyperikon Super Bright LED Flood Light Outdoor
- 2. LEPOWER New Craft LED Flood Lights
- 3. GLORIOUS-LITE LED Flood Light Waterproof Outdoor Work Lights
- 4. Ustellar Waterproof Equivalent Outdoor LED Flood Light
- 5. FAISHILAN LED Flood Light Outdoor IP66 Waterproof
- 6. Motion Sensor Led Flood Lights Outdoor Security Floodlights
- 7. Hyperikon LED Outdoor Flood Security Light with Motion Sensor
- 8. GKOLED Outdoor Security LED Flood Lights
- 9. LED Flood Light with 180° Adjustable Knuckle
- How to Choose Outdoor LED Flood Lights?
- How to Install Outdoor LED Flood Lights?
- Five Questions About LED flood Lights Answered
Best Rated Outdoor LED Flood Lights
When it comes to LED lights, there are a lot of different options.
We found some great, high-rated options that are suitable for just about any space.
|Pictures||LED Flood Lights||Wattage||Links|
|Hyperikon Super Bright LED Flood Light Outdoor||30, 50, 100, 150, 200 W|
|LEPOWER New Craft LED Flood Lights||50, 150 W|
|GLORIOUS-LITE LED Flood Light Waterproof Outdoor Work Lights||50, 100 W|
|Ustellar Waterproof Equivalent Outdoor LED Flood Light||60 W|
|FAISHILAN LED Flood Light Outdoor IP66 Waterproof||150, 200, 400|
|Motion Sensor Led Flood Lights Outdoor Security Floodlights||10, 20, 30, 50 W|
|Hyperikon LED Outdoor Flood Security Light with Motion Sensor||20, 30 W|
|GKOLED Outdoor Security LED Flood Lights||45 W|
|LED Flood Light with 180° Adjustable Knuckle||50 W|
Best Outdoor LED Flood Light Reviews
1. Hyperikon Super Bright LED Flood Light Outdoor
There’s a reason this LED flood light from Hyperikon is called “super bright.” With a total of 20,000 lumens, it provides enough light for most commercial spaces.
The black stainless steel casing and waterproof rating protect it from the elements and an impressive 45,000-hour lifespan means it can last more than 20 years depending on use.
It doesn’t use a lot of energy and requires minimal maintenance. Plus, an adjustable mounting bracket and 60-inch cord length help make installation easy, too.
- This light has a super bright output of 20,000 lumens.
- Black stainless steel casing and IP65 waterproof rating stand up exposure to wet weather.
- Depending on usage, this light can 20 years or more. In all, it has a lifespan of about 45,000 hours.
- Saves money on energy bills as well as maintenance costs.
- The 60-inch power cord and adjustable mounting bracket make installation easy. You don’t even need to remove the bracket to mount the light.
- It’s covered by a 5-year warranty and 24/7 customer support.
- The instruction manual can be difficult to understand.
- The steel bracket can rust in certain environments, especially where there’s saltwater exposure.
- May not stand up to sub-zero temperatures.
2. LEPOWER New Craft LED Flood Lights
This LED flood light from LEPOWER delivers 11,500 lumens and has a radial pattern reflector surfaces to that enhances the light and can save you 80% on your electric bill, depending on usage.
The casing is made of lightweight, durable aluminum that won’t rust or corrode and is designed to dissipate heat plus the casing of the light is waterproof. It’s covered with an 18-month warranty.
- High-quality aluminum body and IP66 waterproof rating are perfect for indoor or outdoor use for up to 50,000 hours.
- The light is shadow-free and anti-glare and has a wide angle for maximum illumination.
- This light includes a 60-day money-back guarantee as well as an 18-month warranty.
- It can easily be installed on the wall of a building, corner of a house, or under an eave using the adjustable-angle bracket and 60-inch power cord.
- When used the same amount of time as a halogen equivalent, this LED light will save 80% on utility bills.
- Waterproofing only extends to exposure to rain, snow as this light cannot be submerged and may be flooded if exposed to large volumes of water. The plug and switch are not waterproof.
- The mounting bracket can be hard to adjust.
3. GLORIOUS-LITE LED Flood Light Waterproof Outdoor Work Lights
The GLORIOUS-LITE LED work light puts out 4,000 lumens and has a tempered glass cover that helps transmit the brightest light possible.
It has lower energy consumption than comparable halogen lights and can save up to 80% on your energy bill.
Because it’s rated IP66 waterproof, this is a great light for outdoors. Not only does it come with an 18-month warranty, but you can also return it for your money back within the first 2 months.
- This light saves up to 80% on energy bills because it uses only a fraction of the energy of comparable halogen lights.
- It lasts up to 30,000 hours or more than 3 years, depending on use.
- The grooved design helps dissipate heat to extend the life of the lamp.
- It has an IP66 waterproof rating that can withstand long-term outdoor use.
- In addition to an 18-month warranty, you can also return it for any reason within the first 2 months.
- The plug and switch are not waterproof and the light cannot be submerged.
- This product does not come with a plug but rather pigtailed wires to install your own plug.
4. Ustellar Waterproof Equivalent Outdoor LED Flood Light
Another great choice for an outdoor LED flood like is this one from Ustellar. This is a 2-pack. Each light is 4,800 lumens and has a wide 120-degree angle so you can really light up a pretty large area.
These lights are rated IP66 waterproof for outdoor use, even in bad weather. The cooling system design is super effective and helps extend the life of each light and they even come with a 3-year warranty.
- This 2-pack allows for easy and versatile installation to light up any outdoor space.
- Each light delivers 4,800 lumens and has a wide 120-degree angle for maximum light distribution.
- The effective heating system extends the life of these lights which are also covered by a 3-year warranty.
- Depending on usage, can save you up to 80% on utility bills.
- The die-cast aluminum frame is lightweight, durable, and won’t rust, corrode, scratch, or fade.
- All exposed cables have an anti-UV, anti-aging rubber coating.
- Installation instructions are unclear since the wire colors are not standard.
- The mounting bracket can be difficult to adjust.
- The brightness can fade over time.
- The plug is not included.
5. FAISHILAN LED Flood Light Outdoor IP66 Waterproof
This outdoor LED flood light from FAISHILAN is really bright – 15,000 lumens. It also has a tempered glass cover and a 180-degree angle to spread the beam and dissipate the light to get the most illumination possible.
This light uses less energy than a comparable halogen bulb and can save about 80% on electric bills.
The 59-inch long power cord and adjustable bracket make installation really easy and the 50,000-hour lifespan means this light will last a long time.
- The modern design was made to dissipate heat effectively but increasing air contact, therefore extending the life of the light.
- The die-cast aluminum housing is lightweight, durable, and built to last.
- In addition to the brightness of 15,000 lumens, the wide 180-degree beam spreads the light out for the most illumination possible.
- The long 59-inch power cord and adjustable bracket make installation simple.
- In addition to an 18-month warranty, this light also comes with a 90-day money back guarantee.
- While it’s waterproof to protect it from rain, this light should not be submerged for an extended period of time.
- Screws are not waterproof and can rust over time.
6. Motion Sensor Led Flood Lights Outdoor Security Floodlights
The best thing about this light from W-Lite is that it has a motion sensor which makes it ideal for security purposes.
The 4,000-lumen output and 120-degree angle dissipate the light well and it can save about 85% of your utility bills to 400-watt halogen lights.
This product includes a 180-degree motion sensor and you can choose between 3 different settings. The 50,000-hour lifespan and aluminum housing are long lasting and the 24-month warranty keeps you covered for an extended period of time.
- The 180-degree motion sensor can be adjusted for distances up to 40 feet and for a light duration time of 5 seconds to 3 minutes. It can be set to work 24-hours a day or only at night.
- Installation can be done at any angle.
- This light is available in both warm and cool white.
- It’s covered by a 24-month warranty and as about a 50,000-hour lifespan.
- Screws and washers needed for mounting are not included.
- The motion sensor can be unreliable and is affected by the rain.
7. Hyperikon LED Outdoor Flood Security Light with Motion Sensor
For a bright, reliable outdoor security light, take a look at this flood light from Hyperikon. This 2-headed light features a total of 1,800 lumens.
Installation is really easy and each light head is adjustable so you can tailor the light to the outside of your home.
The IP65 weatherproofing can withstand the elements to keep your home safe no matter what the weather. And get this: it’s covered by an unlimited 5-year warranty.
- This light has both a dusk-to-dawn sensor as well as a motion sensor that monitors up to a range of about 30 to 40 feet.
- Weatherproofing makes this light effective in rain, sleet, or snow.
- The light is covered by a 5-year warranty and a customer service team is available by phone 24/7.
- You can adjust the timing of the light, the perimeter of the motion sensor, and the direction the light is pointing, making it easy to customize this light to the outside of your own home.
- It comes with an unlimited 5-year warranty.
- The motion sensor can be unreliable.
- There are minimal instructions included.
8. GKOLED Outdoor Security LED Flood Lights
Another awesome choice for an LED flood light is this security light from GKOLED. With 5,400 lumens and 50,000-hour operating life, it’s designed to light up your backyard for years to come.
The aluminum housing is lightweight and durable and the powder paint finish keeps it protected from the elements.
Installation is easy and serrated teeth help keep it pointed in the direction you choose.
- The ribbed design dissipates heat while the powder paint finish protects the aluminum so this light lasts as long as possible.
- A ribbed swivel knuckle and adjustable mounting bracket hold the light right where you position it.
- This light has a 50,000-hour operating time and is covered by a 5-year warranty.
- The IP66 rating means this light can withstand the elements, even harsh rain. It features silicone rubber gaskets to keep out water and dust.
- In addition to the light being bright, it’s widely dispersed for maximum illumination.
- This is an affordable light that performs as well as brands that cost much more.
- The water seal can wear down over time.
9. LED Flood Light with 180° Adjustable Knuckle
With 5,500 lumens of output, this adjustable flood light from Kadision is a great addition to any backyard.
The 180-degree adjustable knuckle allows you to adjust the position of the light to make the most of your space.
With a lifespan of 50,000 hours, it can last for more than 17 years if you use it 8 hours a day. That’s not all, it’s even covered by an industry leading 10-year warranty.
- The 180-degree adjustable knuckle lets you position the light just so.
- This light has a lifespan of 50,000 hours and can last for more than 17 years if used 8 hours a day.
- Wide 120-degree light angle covers a wide area.
- It comes with an impressive hassle-free 10-year warranty.
- The IP65 rating means it’s safe to use outdoors, even in inclement weather.
- Heavy-duty, die-cast aluminum housing is corrosion resistant and withstands outside exposure.
- Effective heat sink design is meant to last a long time.
- Instructions aren’t very clear.
- The waterproof seal can be ineffective in heavy rain.
How to Choose Outdoor LED Flood Lights?
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing the right LED flood light for you.
First, you’ll need to decide what area you want to be covered.
Are you looking for a motion activated light by your back door? Do you want to light up your driveway at night? Or are you looking for a way to add beautiful accents to the facade of your home?
Once you figure out where you want the light to be, you have to spend some time working out where the actual light should be mounted to create the effect you’re looking for.
When figuring all this out, take care to be thoughtful of your neighbors. You don’t want your flood light to interfere with their home or their ability to enjoy their home.
For example, it’s a bad idea to install a light that will shine directly in one of their windows.
If you don’t get along with your neighbors, you might not care, but keep this in mind. Some municipalities have laws against nuisance lighting. Not only can they report you to the authorities but you might have to pay a fine and remove the light.
Careful planning can avoid all this, whether or not you like your neighbors.
You also have to decide if you want a light that only turns on and off manually or if you want a timer or motion sensor. There are also “dusk to dawn” lights that turn on automatically when the outside light falls to a certain level and off again when the sun rises.
Brightness is also a concern. Brightness is expressed in lumens. Basically, the more space you want to illuminate, the more lumens you need.
For example, if you’re looking for something to light up your driveway, 1,500 lumens is recommended. For a small deck or patio, 500 will do. If you’re want something for, say, a commercial car park, you’ll need about 10,000 lumens or more, depending on the size.
Choosing the right number of lumens is key. Too little and you won’t get enough light. Too many are overkill.
How to Install Outdoor LED Flood Lights?
Installing LED flood light is usually a pretty easy job though it depends a lot of the product, what is included, and how clear the instructions are.
Make sure you look at the hardware and wiring on the light you chose to make sure you have a good understanding of everything before you begin.
While you should always follow the instructions that came with your specific product, here are some general guidelines:
1. Figure out exactly where they’re going to be installed. LED flood lights are most effective when placed up high and toward the corners of buildings where lighting is usually inadequate. This is where they will provide the most coverage.
2. Once you have a spot chosen, determine whether the wires can reach that area and how you’ll route them from the outlet.
3. Before you do anything with wiring, turn the power off using the main power switch.
4. Find the outlet closest to where you plan to install the light. Remove the face and attach the wires. Typically, this is done by matching black with black wire and white wire to white wire.
Sometimes the wire colors aren’t standard depending on where the light was made to make sure you read the instructions that came with your light. (Note, this step is also sometimes unnecessary if the light came with a plug and you would rather just plug it in.)
5. Once you have the light wired to or plugged into the outlet, test it. Turn the main power back on and make sure it lights up. If it does, it’s time to mount the light.
6. Depending on where you’re mounting the lamp, you may need a special drill bit. For example, if you’re attaching it to a brick wall, a masonry bit will help. Measure the holes in the mount and drill holes the proper distance apart. Then, use screws to secure the mount to the wall.
Remember, each light it different so follow the directions that come with the one you choose.
Ask for help if you need it and if you don’t feel comfortable with any part of the process, be sure to consult with an electrician or handyman who has experience installing flood lights.
Five Questions About LED flood Lights Answered
1. Advantages of Using LED Flood Lights
There are several advantages to using LED flood lights.
First of all, they use between 80 and 90% less energy than halogen lights which saves money on utility bills. Plus, the beam of light is wider and covers a wider area.
LED flood lights also last a really long time. In fact, they can last more than 20 years depending on how many hours a day they’re used. Most are weatherproof and covered with a warranty, too.
2. Are LED Flood Lights as Bright as Halogen?
Yes. Brightness is measured in lumens and LED lights provide just as many lumens using less energy than halogen bulbs.
3. Can LED Flood Lights be Dimmed?
They can be but only if the light specifies that it’s dimmable.
4. How Does LED Flood Light Work?
LED flood lights use light emitting diodes (LED) to produce light. They’re actually semi-conductors that pass an electrical current between 2 metal pads.
When the amount of current reaches the designated wattage, the energy is released in the form of light.
The reason that LEDs use less energy is that they don’t use heat to generate light as halogen bulbs do. They stay cooler which is one reason they last so much longer.
5. Why is my LED Flood Light Flashing?
Any sort of fluctuation in voltage can cause an LED light to flicker. This could happen for a lot of reasons.
Sometimes it’s as simple as another appliance coming on, like the refrigerator or washing machine. Other times it can be caused by a loose connection between the bulb and the fixture or the wiring.
Now that you know a little more about LED flood lights, you can see why they’re such a great choice for your home. There are a lot of quality options available, too, so you’ll be able to find one that’s just right for your space.
One of the best things about LED flood lights is that they last a really long time, some as long as 20 years or more! That’s why it’s important to take your time and find the best one.