Lighting up your backyard, driveway, or garden is one way to get a little more security or add interesting details to your property.
The best outdoor LED flood lights not only give you the bright light your space needs.
But they’re also easy to install and can last decades.
Table of Contents
- The 12 Best Outdoor LED Flood Lights
- Best Outdoor LED Flood Light Reviews
- 1. Olafus LED Flood Light Outdoor
- 2. LEPOWER LED Flood Light Outdoor
- 3. GLORIOUS-LITE LED Flood Light Outdoor
- 4. Upgraded SANSI LED Security Motion Sensor Outdoor Lights
- 5. JJC LED Security Lights Motion Sensor Flood Light Outdoor
- 6. A-Zone Solar Motion Sensor Light Outdoor
- 7. LEPOWER Dusk to Dawn Light LED Security Lights Outdoor
- 8. Ustellar Waterproof Equivalent Outdoor LED Flood Light
- 9. Motion Sensor Led Flood Lights Outdoor Security Floodlights
- 10. Hyperikon LED Outdoor Flood Security Light with Motion Sensor
- 11. GKOLED Outdoor Security LED Flood Lights
- 12. Kadision LED Flood Light with 180° Adjustable Knuckle
- How to Choose Outdoor LED Flood Lights?
- How to Install Outdoor LED Flood Lights?
- Five Questions about LED flood Lights Answered
The 12 Best Outdoor LED Flood Lights
When it comes to LED lights, there are a lot of different options. We found some great, high-rated options that are suitable for just about any space.
Best Outdoor LED Flood Light Reviews
1. Olafus LED Flood Light Outdoor
There’s a reason this LED flood light from Olafus is called “super bright”. With a total of 11,000 lumens, it provides enough light for most commercial spaces.
The black SPCC steel and IP66 waterproof rating protect it from the elements and an impressive 50,000-hour lifespan means it can last more than 13 years depending on use.
It doesn’t use a lot of energy and requires minimal maintenance. Plus, an adjustable mounting bracket and 1.64 ft cord length help make installation easy, too.
- This light has a super bright output of 11,000 lumens.
- IP66 waterproof rating making lights work properly no matter rain, snow, heat, or cold environment.
- Saves money on energy bills as well as maintenance costs.
- The 1.64 ft power cord and adjustable mounting bracket make installation easy.
- The steel bracket can rust in certain environments, especially where there’s saltwater exposure.
2. LEPOWER LED Flood Light Outdoor
This LED flood light from LEPOWER delivers 11000 lumens and has a radial pattern reflector surfaces to that enhances the light and can save you 80% on your electric bill, depending on usage.
The casing is made of lightweight, durable aluminum that won’t rust or corrode and is designed to dissipate heat plus the casing of the light is waterproof.
It can easily be installed on the wall of a building, corner of a house, or under an eave using the adjustable-angle bracket and 59-inch power cord.
- High-quality aluminum body and IP66 waterproof rating.
- The light is shadow-free and anti-glare and has a wide-angle for maximum illumination.
- This light includes a 60-day money-back guarantee as well as an 18-month warranty.
- When used the same amount of time as a halogen equivalent, this LED light will save 80% on utility bills.
- Waterproofing only extends to exposure to rain, snow as this light cannot be submerged and may be flooded if exposed to large volumes of water. The plug and switch are not waterproof.
- The mounting bracket can be hard to adjust.
3. GLORIOUS-LITE LED Flood Light Outdoor
The GLORIOUS-LITE LED flood light puts out 4,000 lumens and has a tempered glass cover that helps transmit the brightest light possible.
It has lower energy consumption than comparable halogen lights and can save up to 80% on your energy bill.
Because it’s rated IP66 waterproof, this is a great light for outdoors. Not only does it come with an 18-month warranty, but you can also return it for your money back within the first 2 months.
- This light saves up to 80% on energy bills because it uses only a fraction of the energy of comparable halogen lights.
- It lasts up to 30,000 hours or more than 3 years, depending on use.
- The grooved design helps dissipate heat to extend the life of the lamp.
- It has an IP66 waterproof rating that can withstand long-term outdoor use.
- The plug and switch are not waterproof and the light cannot be submerged.
- This product does not come with a plug but rather pigtailed wires to install your own plug.
4. Upgraded SANSI LED Security Motion Sensor Outdoor Lights
It can be a lifesaver when you walk up the driveway, and the lights automatically come on. The Upgraded SANSI LED Security Motion Sensor Outdoor Lights might be ideal for you. They are high-performance and feature two very bright LED heads, each with eight LED bulbs.
These lights can produce 3600 LM with a clear, white brightness using only 36 W bulbs. Therefore, the exterior lighting is highly efficient and makes it safer to be outside at night.
There are built-in sensors that detect motion or work from dusk until dawn. The lights feature a sensing angle of 180 degrees and a 50-ft sensing range.
This product features four working modes. The test mode only turns on for five seconds when motion is detected. It is ideal for checking to see if the sensor is working.
You’ll also find auto-mode, which can light up the area for up to 10 minutes, depending on when it is set. It switches on and off when it detects motions and only works at night. On-time mode and dusk-to-dawn mode are also available.
- Wide coverage
- Automatic on/off feature
- Ideal for outdoor use
- Not suitable for soffit mounting
- Detection and adjustment of motion sensor might not be the best
5. JJC LED Security Lights Motion Sensor Flood Light Outdoor
The JJC LED Flood Light Outdoor has three light heads. They are designed to push light outward in different directions. That way, you can see what’s happening outside your home.
Its long-sensing distance is 65 feet, and the motion sensor is strong and highly sensitive. That means you can see around your home when it is illuminated.
This product is ideal for keeping away burglars, but it can also keep animals and pests off your property. Plus, when you walk near to it at night, it will turn on, giving you plenty of light by which to see.
You’ll find that this product is waterproof. The IP65 rating ensures that this light will resist a variety of weather conditions. They include snow, sleet, and rain.
Plus, they are resistant to UV exposure, erosion, and rust. The LED lights can produce about 3000 lm of brightness. Also, there is good heat dissipation so that they don’t overheat.
If that weren’t enough, you can save money on your electricity bill. They’re LED lights, which automatically help to reduce your energy usage. However, they only turn on when motion is detected and then turn off again.
- Three working modes
- Energy-conserving model
- Waterproof structure
- Takes trial and error to place correctly
- Must be installed by an electrician
6. A-Zone Solar Motion Sensor Light Outdoor
All LED lights are well-known for saving energy. However, you can now have exterior lighting that doesn’t have to be plugged into an outlet. The A-Zone Solar Motion Sensor Light Outdoor features solar panels to turn the sun’s heat into energy.
It has two working modes. The light turns off in the daytime and charges from the sun.
At night, it automatically turns on in weak-light mode. It stays on during the night. However, when people/animals get close (about 10-26 feet), it switches to high-light mode.
These motion sensor lights can be rotated a full 360 degrees. Plus, the solar panels offer adjustable angles, allowing you to get the full range of sun as it moves throughout the day.
The casing of the lights is aluminum-alloy, so they’re sturdy and designed for heavy use. Likewise, they are waterproof, so you can use them outside without issue.
You’ll find this product also features a polycarbonate lens. This ensures that the light itself is much brighter. Usually, you will only need about six hours of sunlight to charge it.
- Easy to install
- Sturdy and well-made
- Waterproof design
- Must place light toward the south for it to work correctly
- Solar panel leaves something to be desired
7. LEPOWER Dusk to Dawn Light LED Security Lights Outdoor
Those who want something fancy for outdoor lighting are sure to be impressed with this product. The LEPOWER LED Flood Light looks similar to a bunch of speakers wired together. Don’t let that fool you, as they are very bright.
With three LED light heads, they can produce about 3500 LM with a high brightness output. Therefore, you could save up to 80% on your energy bill if you switch to this versus a traditional porch light.
You can adjust each of the light heads to a different angle. This makes it customizable to your needs. Of course, you can also leave them as they are for maximum lighting.
The company boasts of easy installation, and the instructions are simple to follow. However, mounting is a concern. You may need to use longer screws and pay close attention to the wiring of the junction box.
Of course, if the product is going to be installed outside, it must be waterproof. This one doesn’t disappoint. It features an IP65 waterproof rating, which ensures that the light won’t fail in snow, rain, or sleet.
- Variety of modes
- Easy installation
- Plastic construction; durability concerns
- Limited mounting options
8. Ustellar Waterproof Equivalent Outdoor LED Flood Light
Another great choice for an outdoor LED flood like is this one from Ustellar. This is a 2-pack. Each light is 4,800 lumens and has a wide 120-degree angle so you can really light up a pretty large area.
These lights are rated IP66 waterproof for outdoor use, even in bad weather.
The cooling system design is super effective and helps extend the life of each light and they even come with a 3-year warranty.
- This 2-pack allows for easy and versatile installation to light up any outdoor space.
- Depending on usage, can save you up to 80% on utility bills.
- The die-cast aluminum frame is lightweight, durable, and won’t rust, corrode, scratch, or fade.
- All exposed cables have an anti-UV, anti-aging rubber coating.
- Installation instructions are unclear since the wire colors are not standard.
- The mounting bracket can be difficult to adjust.
- The brightness can fade over time.
- The plug is not included.
9. Motion Sensor Led Flood Lights Outdoor Security Floodlights
The best thing about this light from W-Lite is that it has a motion sensor which makes it ideal for security purposes.
The 4,000-lumen output and 120-degree angle dissipate the light well and it can save about 85% of your utility bills to 400-watt halogen lights.
This product includes a 180-degree motion sensor and you can choose between 3 different settings. The 50,000-hour lifespan and aluminum housing are long-lasting and the 24-month warranty keeps you covered for an extended period of time.
- The 180-degree motion sensor can be adjusted for distances up to 40 feet and for a light duration time of 5 seconds to 3 minutes. It can be set to work 24-hours a day or only at night.
- Installation can be done at any angle.
- This light is available in both warm and cool white.
- Screws and washers needed for mounting are not included.
- The motion sensor can be unreliable and is affected by the rain.
10. Hyperikon LED Outdoor Flood Security Light with Motion Sensor
For a bright, reliable outdoor security light, take a look at this flood light from Hyperikon. This 2-headed light features a total of 1,800 lumens.
Installation is really easy and each light head is adjustable so you can tailor the light to the outside of your home.
The IP65 weatherproofing can withstand the elements to keep your home safe no matter what the weather. And get this: it’s covered by an unlimited 5-year warranty.
- This light has both a dusk-to-dawn sensor as well as a motion sensor that monitors up to a range of about 30 to 40 feet.
- Weatherproofing makes this light effective in rain, sleet, or snow.
- You can adjust the timing of the light, the perimeter of the motion sensor, and the direction the light is pointing, making it easy to customize this light to the outside of your own home.
- The motion sensor can be unreliable.
- There are minimal instructions included.
11. GKOLED Outdoor Security LED Flood Lights
Another awesome choice for an LED flood light is this security light from GKOLED. With 5,400 lumens and 50,000-hour operating life, it’s designed to light up your backyard for years to come.
The aluminum housing is lightweight and durable and the powder paint finish keeps it protected from the elements.
Installation is easy and serrated teeth help keep it pointed in the direction you choose.
The IP66 rating means this light can withstand the elements, even harsh rain. It features silicone rubber gaskets to keep out water and dust.
- The ribbed design dissipates heat while the powder paint finish protects the aluminum so this light lasts as long as possible.
- A ribbed swivel knuckle and adjustable mounting bracket hold the light right where you position it.
- In addition to the light being bright, it’s widely dispersed for maximum illumination.
- This is an affordable light that performs as well as brands that cost much more.
- The water seal can wear down over time.
12. Kadision LED Flood Light with 180° Adjustable Knuckle
With 5,500 lumens of output, this adjustable flood light from Kadision is a great addition to any backyard.
The 180-degree adjustable knuckle allows you to adjust the position of the light to make the most of your space.
With a lifespan of 50,000 hours, it can last for more than 17 years if you use it 8 hours a day. That’s not all, it’s even covered by an industry-leading 10-year warranty.
- Wide 120-degree light angle covers a wide area.
- It comes with an impressive hassle-free 10-year warranty.
- The IP65 rating means it’s safe to use outdoors, even in inclement weather.
- Heavy-duty, die-cast aluminum housing is corrosion resistant and withstands outside exposure.
- Effective heat sink design is meant to last a long time.
- Instructions aren’t very clear.
- The waterproof seal can be ineffective in heavy rain.
How to Choose Outdoor LED Flood Lights?
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing the right LED flood light for you.
First, you’ll need to decide what area you want to be covered.
Are you looking for a motion-activated light by your back door? Do you want to light up your driveway at night? Or are you looking for a way to add beautiful accents to the facade of your home?
Once you figure out where you want the light to be, you have to spend some time working out where the actual light should be mounted to create the effect you’re looking for.
When figuring all this out, take care to be thoughtful of your neighbors. You don’t want your flood light to interfere with their home or their ability to enjoy their home.
For example, it’s a bad idea to install a light that will shine directly in one of their windows.
If you don’t get along with your neighbors, you might not care, but keep this in mind. Some municipalities have laws against nuisance lighting. Not only can they report you to the authorities but you might have to pay a fine and remove the light.
Careful planning can avoid all this, whether or not you like your neighbors.
You also have to decide if you want a light that only turns on and off manually or if you want a timer or motion sensor. There are also “dusk to dawn” lights that turn on automatically when the outside light falls to a certain level and off again when the sun rises.
Brightness is also a concern. Brightness is expressed in lumens. Basically, the more space you want to illuminate, the more lumens you need.
For example, if you’re looking for something to light up your driveway, 1,500 lumens is recommended. For a small deck or patio, 500 will do. If you’re want something for, say, a commercial car park, you’ll need about 10,000 lumens or more, depending on the size.
Choosing the right number of lumens is key. Too little and you won’t get enough light. Too many are overkill.
How to Install Outdoor LED Flood Lights?
Installing LED flood light is usually a pretty easy job though it depends a lot of the product, what is included, and how clear the instructions are.
Make sure you look at the hardware and wiring on the light you chose to make sure you have a good understanding of everything before you begin.
While you should always follow the instructions that came with your specific product, here are some general guidelines:
1. Figure out exactly where they’re going to be installed. LED flood lights are most effective when placed up high and toward the corners of buildings where lighting is usually inadequate. This is where they will provide the most coverage.
2. Once you have a spot chosen, determine whether the wires can reach that area and how you’ll route them from the outlet.
3. Before you do anything with wiring, turn the power off using the main power switch.
4. Find the outlet closest to where you plan to install the light. Remove the face and attach the wires. Typically, this is done by matching black with black wire and white wire to the white wire.
Sometimes the wire colors aren’t standard depending on where the light was made to make sure you read the instructions that came with your light. (Note, this step is also sometimes unnecessary if the light came with a plug and you would rather just plug it in).
5. Once you have the light wired to or plugged into the outlet, test it. Turn the main power back on and make sure it lights up. If it does, it’s time to mount the light.
6. Depending on where you’re mounting the lamp, you may need a special drill bit. For example, if you’re attaching it to a brick wall, a masonry bit will help. Measure the holes in the mount and drill holes the proper distance apart. Then, use screws to secure the mount to the wall.
Remember, each light it different so follow the directions that come with the one you choose.
Ask for help if you need it and if you don’t feel comfortable with any part of the process, be sure to consult with an electrician or handyman who has experience installing flood lights.
Five Questions about LED flood Lights Answered
1. Advantages of Using LED Flood Lights
There are several advantages to using LED flood lights.
First of all, they use between 80 and 90% less energy than halogen lights which saves money on utility bills. Plus, the beam of light is wider and covers a wider area.
LED flood lights also last a really long time. In fact, they can last more than 20 years depending on how many hours a day they’re used. Most are weatherproof and covered with a warranty, too.
2. Are LED Flood Lights as Bright as Halogen?
Yes. Brightness is measured in lumens and LED lights provide just as many lumens using less energy than halogen bulbs.
3. Can LED Flood Lights be Dimmed?
They can be but only if the light specifies that it’s dimmable.
4. How Does LED Flood Light Work?
LED flood lights use light-emitting diodes (LED) to produce light. They’re actually semi-conductors that pass an electrical current between 2 metal pads.
When the amount of current reaches the designated wattage, the energy is released in the form of light.
The reason that LEDs use less energy is that they don’t use heat to generate light as halogen bulbs do. They stay cooler which is one reason they last so much longer.
5. Why is my LED Flood Light Flashing?
Any sort of fluctuation in voltage can cause an LED light to flicker. This could happen for a lot of reasons.
Sometimes it’s as simple as another appliance coming on, like the refrigerator or washing machine. Other times it can be caused by a loose connection between the bulb and the fixture or the wiring.
Now that you know a little more about LED flood lights, you can see why they’re such a great choice for your home. There are a lot of quality options available, too, so you’ll be able to find one that’s just right for your space.
One of the best things about LED flood lights is that they last a really long time, some as long as 20 years or more! That’s why it’s important to take your time and find the best one.